Basic Structural Nonlinearities with ANSYS Mechanical
- Training Time 2 Day
- Training Level BasicMediumAdvanced
- Who Should AttendEngineers, Designers, Academicians, Students
- For Your Questions:
Two day course which presents an introduction to structural nonlinearities including general definitions and theories, a presentation on the Newton-Raphson Method for solving nonlinear problems, discussion of solution control tools available for achieving convergence and an introduction into basic metal plasticity, contact technology,stabilization and basic tools for diagnostics.This course will enable you to achieve nonlinear simulation from pre-processing, full solution and the knowledge to give post-processing tools.
Section 1: Introduction & Overview
Section 2: General Procedures
Section 3: Introduction to Contact
Section 4: Rate Independent Plasticity
Section 5: Buckling, Post Buckling with Stabilization
Section 6: Nonlinear Diagnostics
Section 7: Mesh Nonlinear Adaptivity
• Completion of the "Introduction to Structural Analysis with ANSYS Mechanical" course is required.
• Students need a working knowledge of the procedures for performing a linear static analysis in the Mechanical Environment.
• General familiarity with the Workbench Project Page, Engineering Data and the Mechanical Interface is assumed.
- 23-23 October